Tuesday 10 April 2012

I have been so busy over easter...

...its been really good to have some time to just sit about and make stuff, trying out new crafts and re- trying crafts I haven't done in a while. Here is a selection of some that I finished over easter.


 This is a sketch I have been promising to do for a while finally got it done.
Its a simple pastel sketch but I think I have caught a likeness.

The following pics are encaustic art, we had a demonstration in Art Society the other night and I couldn't wait to give it a go. Its quite difficult to control the liquid wax at first, but I didn't burn myself which is a good sign. The more colours you use the muddier the finished piece so I started to limit my pallet and by the time I got to the last one I was getting the hang of the technique. It was very therapeutic and not quite as stressful as watercolour so I plan to try some larger ones over the next few days.

 Yucca Plant

 Sunset moor


Snowscape
Felt Heart

and I almost forgot I tried some felting too. This was quite simple to do, its done with a needle, not sure how it works but it does, and I plan to do lots more and make brooches I want to try including some beach glass in the finished works. Not sure how yet but worth a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment