Saturday 19 February 2011

Recharge

The last couple of days have been really relaxing! Usually I am rushing around stressing to meet deadlines, dealing with grumpy bad mannered people who should know better. But since my redundancy I have been temping in a local primary school. The wages are really poor but I have so far thoroughly enjoyed every day. A small price to pay for getting my life and sanity back.
Yesterday was an inset day, so I didn't need to go in. Instead I treated myself to a morning of therapeutic shopping, which I rarely do these days, but I did need a couple of things appropriate for school.
My first buy was in the charity shop, a really comfy pair of dessert boots in tan leather. Then to spend my gift voucher in Next (it is really rare for me to shop there), then on to spend the voucher I found at the back of the kitchen cupboard, so far not too expensive. Then I snook into TK Max which I love, its like a massive jumble sale. Too stressful for some people but great when you get the hang of the layout. It was my lucky day and I headed home happy.
On the way home I stopped off to join the local art society, the lady seemed surprised that I had been a member about 15 years ago and had won the Withers Cup for my painting which illustrated a line from a Bob Dylan song, 'dance beneath the diamond sky, with one arm trailing free...' it was painted on silk, I sold four out of five that year, it was also my last year as a member as I started full time work a PGCE in evening class and had two children both under 4. Not much 'me' time left, for the next 15 years...
It was still early so when I got home I made a light tuna, salad lunch and watched almost ten whole minutes of the tv... How they get any ratings in the day is beyond me!
After lunch I drove up the hill and sketched the view over the valley. It was quiet, misty and damp but very nice to be there, no phones (I had forgotten to take mine!) no reason to rush, a different world.
So I plan to post my artworks as they develop, and also my school projects and displays...

No comments:

Post a Comment