Monday 14 February 2011

Progress report

Well after keeping the chickens in for a couple of days the grass was looking a bit healthier, so I let them back out. After 3 days we have a really heavy down pour which makes the clay soil in the garden a bog again and today poor chooks are locked up again.
Anyway, to change the subject completely, have I ever mentioned I have a tortoise, I don't think so, his/her name is Toby. I have looked but i am not sure what sex the poor dear is. Toby will be so glad when the dandilions and other edible weeds start to re-sprout. Toby has lived with us for three years, he was a much loved birthday present, and if I am honest I am terrified to let him hibernate. One day maybe but this winter he was awake again. If he had hibernated he would have missed Christmas and that would have been really sad.
I have some lovely pictures to post of him from the summer, hopefully I can upload them later.

Talk soon
M

No comments:

Post a Comment