Monday 16 May 2011

Monday Art Page

The poppies in the garden inspired me to paint over the weekend.
 Here they are.





Here I am caught in the act, wearing a tie die top that was destined for the rag bag until I got creative with it.
Now it has a new lease of life.



Here is the painting I worked on over the weekend. It is a painting of poppies from my garden, the weather allowed me to sit and paint from life, which is not always possible. Although it did rain towards the end of the painting session, but not enough to stop me working.


I felt that this painting was much more successful than the acrylic landscape from a couple of weeks ago. It also made me feel I hadn't lost the knack of watercolours...



I was watched over by Twinkle and her pet butterfly...



Don't worry its a very good copy of a butterfly which flies around the jar in response to sounds.

More next week with luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment