Saturday 15 January 2011

Give my grass a chance!

Well they are none too pleased but this week the rain has forced me to keep the girls 'cooped' up. Sorry for the pun but that's the right word. The garden is being stripped and the grass neatly trimmed by their daily excursions into the wild, but if I don't give the plants a chance to recover they will be putting an escape plan together into next doors greenery.
After just 3 days it's looking better by Wednesday I think they can go out again.
Eggs are still being produced daily, and they are looking really healthy. Doris did have the starting of a dirty behind, but I think it's too many worms if I am honest. The compost at the bottom of the garden was rotting down lovely, it used to have hundreds of tiny earth worms all doing their wormy job... Not after she found it spread my lovely soil wide and gorged on wormy delight. Probably affected her digestion, anyway they have been on healthy controlled diet this week and already she is looking cleaner around the back worry over till the next one.
I had suspected she may need worming but that doesn't seem the case so I am not rushing off on one just yet!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chelle!
    How is Mavis now? Have you wormed them both yet?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is fine, didn't worm them I think that she was eating too many worms and it was messing with her digestion. Heard you had an escapee the other day..

    ReplyDelete