Wednesday 5 January 2011

Back to rain

Well as usual back to school back to rain.
The girls seem to have decided that wandering around the garden all day in the rain is not as much fun as they first thought. I opened up at quarter to seven as usual out they rolled for a drink and peck around.
Within minutes of a downpour they had both gone back in and were cosy and dry. A change from a few months ago when they would sit out in any weather.
My girls are learning I think...

Yesterday morning was particularly dark, so to encourage them out before I left for work I switched on the outside light. I then went back in for a cuppa when I thought I could hear squawking. I dashed out as they sounded quite frustrated. Only to find them both shouting at the yard brush propped under the light. When I picked it up and moved it they followed telling it off and pecking at the bristles. I admit, you had to be there but I did smile, I now have guard chickens it seems and I am only too pleased with that.

3 comments:

  1. I can just see you and brush being chased by a pair of hens!
    A very amusing image ;)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not from the wrong end of a beak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the right end?!

    ReplyDelete